Sunday, February 12, 2012

Couch to 5K: so far


I started C25K on January 2nd! It was a New Year's Resolution of mine to get healthy and get in shape. I was tired of being tired and lazy all the time. I couldn't run around with my siblings outside or play outside with friends because I was always doubled over catching my breath. Awful I know. I wasn't overweight but I had put on some unhealthy weight over the summer eating fastfood twice a day and sitting at a desk all day. I just didn't feel healthy. Something had to change. Several of my bloggers friends started this last fall and so I began to pick their brains and get some inspiration and motivation. I got 2 of my closest friends together and we decided to go for it. I thought about getting new shoes or new running clothes but I needed to just do it. (thank-you Nike)

I started. I finished week 1 and thought holy cow. I did it! Then week 2, then 3, 4 and holy crap during week 5 I ran 9 minutes without stopping! 9 minutes is a loooong time for a couch potato let me tell you. I didn't stop. not once. I feel very proud of myself! :) I was doing this. I was completing a goal.

Then came week 6 last week, aka, run for 20 minutes without stopping. I got sick to make that worse. I think week 6 needs a re-do this week! But, I will finish and I WILL run a 5K this Spring! I will. In the mean time, I'm going to leave you with some cheesy motivational Pinterest pictures. You can thank me later! and PS if y'all have any tips for running, 5K's, exercise, etc please pass my way!!



Maybe one day I'll look this coordinated
wishful thinking

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. You can do it, girl!! I am re-starting c25k for the THIRD time this week. Third times a charm, right? :)

    Keep Shining,
    Meghan
    Shine On

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also training for a 5k (for my first one!)! I am not using the c25k app (I am doing my own thing) but I heard good reviews about it. It is awesome that you are sticking with it though!! The 5k will come before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!!!! Keep pushing and best of luck !!!! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck girlie ;) Keep us updated on your progress!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower here! I found you through It's OK link up! So proud of you for doing c25k! Keep up the great work! Those motivational sayings and pics were fabulous and really what I needed this week! :) Never be afraid to cut back a little on your training (like re-doing week 6) when little hiccups come up (like getting sick)! Good luck with training this week, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! glad you could find me :) thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete