In the words on my 15 year old brother, "Wanna hear a joke?" Emily's Boobs. It is no secret, my cups do not overflow. The Lord has blessed me in many ways but give me boobs wasn't on the list. I have never been extremely bothered by this, until a fateful day at Victoria's Secret at a location I will not say.
Wanna know a secret? I've never been fitted. I mean I just guessed and tried on until something fit right. I mean seriously I could figure out I was an A, sometimes a B on a v-e-r-y- good day. I usually wear sports bras but when I'm not, I have some 36A (or sometimes B) bras. I was with a friend at Victoria's Secret who swears by their bras and she suggested I get fitted. There are 3 fitting rooms. I was in the last one. I took in some different bras to try on. I'm rather self conscious, so it never occurred to me that the sweet little DD ladies at VS would come knocking on my door. (note: they aren't exactly the quietest people either)
First door: VS lady "How is 34 DD doing"
34DD: wonderful
Second door: VS lady "How is 36C doing"
36C: they fit amazing! thank-you
Third door: my fateful door. VS lady "How is 32A doing" or was it 34A?
me: after hearing laughter from the other doors and choking o my spit" I'm FINE thank-you!
I have never been so embarrassed in.my.life. I threw my little bra back on with my t-shirt SO fast. After turning bright red of course. I walk out and she gives me my little "perfect sizing" chart and I practically run outta that store. I don't think I'll be headed back in to VS anytime too soon!
Don't get me wrong, I do know there are so benefits to having small "twins"
1-You can have
2-They don't get in the way when I run. You know because of ALL that running I do :)
3-You don't sag after you have children.
4-Less back problems so they say.
In the words of Dolly Parton, "God did not invent Plastic Surgeons so they could starve."
Are there any other sisters out there in the IBT club? I'd love to meet you. For real.
Happy Monday!

*raises hand shy-ly* I hear ya! I'm a small B and I've always wanted them to be just a wee-bit bigger. I don't need huge "knockers" or anything, but just for them to fill out a little more and be more proportion with my body type I guess. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteBefore I gained (a ton) of weight in college, I was a 34AA. I was TINY!! Victoria's Secret was a place that I never went just because I was surrounded by women who were fortunate to have the stuff on top. Although I don't consider the line incredibly appealing, I found that the Pink T-Shirt Bra (which I don't even think they make anymore! :( ) was my best bet-- it gave me lift, and made me look like I had some "umph". Trust me, enjoy the tiny twins and embrace them! I'm a B now, and I'm ready for them to be tiny again (another bonus to losing weight!). You've got an "honorary" IBT girl here!
ReplyDeleteI think I'll need to invest in a good push up pretty soon! :p
DeleteWe have two things in common. Our awesome first name and our lack of twins. I too have not been blessed by the boob fairy. She skipped right over my bed and sprinkled all the magic boob dust onto my sister who is happy with 36C's! I feel your pain. Just wait till you get pregnant though. Mine went from a 32A to a 34D! It was horrible. I realized I was much happier with my tiny twins then the huge knockers that graced me with the presence while I was pregnant.
ReplyDeletehahaha the boob fairy! i think that is happening to my little sister and i'm so jealous! I can't even image! 34D. i bet your hubby loved that lol!
Delete