Tuesday, July 10, 2012

You can sleep when your dead

Sleep: I have a love-hate relationship with sleep. I do love to sleep in, but usually staying up late having fun trumps any reasonable amount of sleep. College prep maybe?


At the beginning of the summer, I saw this picture. I decided I wanted it to be the "theme to my last summer at home, summer '12"



This picture is so true. This summer I've had so much more fun than last summer, because I'm putting sleep as second priority. For those of you that really know me, this is a big deal. 

It has been completely worth it. 


I started making a list of what I've done so far this summer after say, midnight.

*Working doubles (not sure this counts as fun, but going to bed at 2 or 3....)

*Midnight swimming 

*Watching movie after movie with girlfriends and laughing uncontrollably.

*Cooking in the kitchen at ungodly times of the night

*See also: late night snacking and baking

*Late night blogging and blog reading

*Laughing and catching up with my little sister at 2am, after I get off a late night shift at work. 

*Dance parties with my little brother on our way home from work. Sleep deprived dance parties are better anyway. 



I can't wait to keep adding to my list. It's hard to believe that college is in 5 weeks. It's coming up quick! 


What late night fun have you done this summer?


oxox,

Emily  

Ps: huge giveaway over at Pink on the Cheek  :) 

3 comments:

  1. This may be true, especially since I'm a huge night owl! That said, I do love my sleep lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live the most at night! 5 hours of sleep and I'm okay. With a one year-old, that's the only time I can get anything done! It's almost 11pm and I am just now eating dinner. Need my energy at 2am :)

    New follower :)

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via Neely's blog and MY you are the youngest blogger I follow now! Love to see what is next for you! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete