I was headed to a scholarship dinner (thankfully only in nice jeans and the event t-shirt) and then it happened.
Car 1 didn't put on their turn signal and made a hard left turn. Car 2 slammed on his brakes and then I slammed on my brakes, only to hit Car 2. Or Truck 2.
It scared me so bad. I was shaking.
I've had my license for 2 years and I've never even been pulled over, let alone been in an accident of any type. It could have been alot worse, but I only hit the back of his truck, his trailer hitch to be exact.
It made a nice, loud dent in my bumper. It could have been my hood or hit something like my radiator, but this was the damage done. I'm so thankful.
I hit an older man who was honestly the best possible person I could have hit.
I got out and we both looked at the damage together. He was totally understanding and reassuring. He asked if I was ok. He said he wouldn't press charges or call the police, because there was no damage done to his truck.
Legally he said it would have been my fault even though I was barely moving and far enough behind me. I'm very blessed that there was no damage done to his truck.
I called my dad, who happened to be on his 25th anniversary trip in Cali. Of course that would happen to me, while my parents are thousands of miles away. Honestly, my dad was super cool about it and we're going to talk when he gets home. O_o
I got the nice man's information and we were both on our way.
I arrived at the scholarship dinner and happened to see Addie, and I had literally just texted her about what happened. And no, I wasn't texting and driving!
I was a hot mess. Sometimes, all you need is a giant hug and a friend to be there for you. Seriously.
Yesterday was quite the day. I hope I don't have a post like this for a good, long while. Fender Benders are no good :(
Here's to the weekend and working lots of doubles to fix it!
Happy Friday!
Emily
PS: I talked to my Pop-Pop today and he said some people are just stupid a$$ drivers. I'm glad you're ok and make sure you pray to the highway gods tonight and thank them! hahahah I love him!

Ahh! I am so glad you are okay. My first wreck was a lot worse...my fault..and I'm still scarred from it.
ReplyDeleteAmanda @ we & serendipity
Goodness, that is scary! I'm so glad you're ok!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are ok. I have been in several wrecks. Every time I have been hit. Totaled 2 of my vehicles. It sucks! Even the smallest wreck can give you a lot of muscle pain for a week.
ReplyDeleteTiffany @ Dreams Do Come True
http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com
So glad you're okay!! I have had my license for 6 years and just had my first accident on 2/13/12. I was side swiped by a Ford Explorer but I think in the end, it turned out to be my fault even though she was speeding. It was $2500 of damage but was fixable!
ReplyDeleteThis is why I say people need to be more cautious of their driving (not you...the one that didn't use the signal) and be careful!
Good thing that truck guy wasn't in a bad mood after the accident, and was even concerned if you were okay. After all, his truck was unscathed, as you said. It’s actually quite rare for a person to be that calm and collected after an accident, and in that sense, you can still consider yourself pretty lucky. I just hope you didn’t get injured in the accident!
ReplyDeleteCharla Mcguyer
Good thing that your car only got a dent after the accident. Getting it repaired would be easy. And it was very nice of the old man to ask if you are ok after the incident. Assessing the people involved would be the first thing to do when an accident happened, as safety is always the top priority. It’s really great news that nothing serious happened to both of you. But, it would have been a lot worse if there would be any injury involved.
ReplyDeleteEthan Rehman
good luck for you. world is tired, how to avoid vehicle accident or car crash
ReplyDeleteMisunderstandings with the other driver or other people involved during a vehicular accident can sometimes be inevitable, so it’s most likely that you’ll need legal advice to sort some issues. If that happens to you, try to remember everything you did before, during, and after the accident. Take pictures if you can. Lastly, call the police immediately after the accident.
ReplyDeleteNannie Leick
It is a learning experience, right? Every “first” teaches us something to take note of, helps us be wiser the next it time happens, and helps us prevent it. Does your car have insurance? You can use it to pay for your car repair expenses, or you can opt for DIY techniques. Anyway, thank goodness you’re safe from any charges. :)
ReplyDeleteJavier Hoppes
The old man really is nice to not press charges or involve the police regarding this matter. And, it’s a good thing that no one got hurt and nothing got severely damaged during the incident. I see you asked for the gentlemen’s contact information, and you gave him yours, which is a good move for the negotiation regarding the car insurance to go smoothly.
ReplyDeleteTracy Pierre