I'm going to talk about my Top 10 Essentials for Israel. Obviously this is a little bit different from a normal roadtrip/vacation in the US. I just started my packing list today. see: packing list, not actually packing. I leave in less than 3 days. Procrastination much?
1-iPod with awesomesauce music. Music is essential to life, therefore make it
2-Journal! I got this adorable journal from Target. I've already been writing in it and can't wait to fill it with pictures and notes!
3-Chacos. I LOVE mine! so comfy and will be perfect for hiking Masada and walking around town too!
4-Camera: see also, extra memory cards, batteries and a case!
5-Passport: this is pretty important. I would post a picture, but i will spare y'all the grief of looking at it. Apparently when I went the "law" had just changed. (umm what law says that you can't smile in passport pictures but whatever!) so, i have a lovely mugshot against a big white wall for my passport profile. lovely.
6-Money. For souvenirs of course. So far, I've been asked to bring back a scarf, a wooden camel, a coffee mug, a crossbody, woven by a little jewish women bag, and some mineral salt scrub from the dead sea for "exfoliation purposes"
7-My Bible: I will be reading, highlighting, and marking it up so I don't forget 1 thing! I'm so excited for this trip.
8-Bathing Suit: The Dead Sea, Sea of Galilee, Mediterranean Sea, and hotel pools! I can't wait to
9-Sunglasses. This too is essential to roadtripping. Traveling and walking with the sun shining in your eyes is not so fun. I have my eye on these!
10- Last but not least, Snacks! My roomie tweeted at me yesterday and said she bought me a box of Cheez-its! The girl knows the way to my heart already! She is also bringing granola bars and chex-mix. Our room will be too much fun!
What are your packing essentials? anything you want to throw my way for international trips would be greatly appreciated!
Happy Tuesday!
Emily OXOX



No comments:
Post a Comment