Hi! My name is Lauren and I blog over at Life.Love.Lauren and I am stoked to be apart of Emily's blog! So while Emily is getting settled into school, I thought I would relive some of my first entering into college.
I went to New Mexico State University and graduated in December 2011 with my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing. I swam competitively in high school and looked at many schools with swimming scholarships. But somewhere in all of that I decided that I wanted to major in nursing and that my education came first before my swimming. So therefore I got a full ride academic scholarship to NMSU. I wanted to come out of school with no debt. It also helped that my boyfriend (who turned out to be my husband) also chose to go to NMSU. (He was super smart and got offers from UT Austin, MIT, etc in engineering.)
I remember I decided to go with getting a random roommate because I wanted the experience of meeting someone new and not messing up a current friendship by finding out that I couldn't live with that person. So in comes Karla my freshman roommate. She had never done laundry before (No worries, I taught her) and came from a totally different place than I did. She was definitely nice enough and we end up getting along. That is all you need! You don't need to make a best friend out of every person you meet, but just enjoy every experience you have. If it wasn't for Karla I wouldn't have met one my best guy friends!
So without further ado, let me embarrass myself with pictures!
Me walking out of my dorm the first day of school. Yeah I would kill to be that skinny again!
And yes my side was the clean side.
Karla and I taking a ski trip
Well thank you to Emily for letting me relive a drip of my college experience. I wish you the best Emily with what the next couple of years have to offer you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment