Friday, December 16, 2011

Dare to Dream



Melissa, over at The View from Five Two , is talking about Voicing your Dreams today! This post was really perfect timing for me. I'm at some major crossroads in my life right now. I'm a senior in highschool, i'm applying for colleges etc etc etc In fact, this afternoon I had my big admissions interview at College of the Ozarks, CofO. Michael, my interviewer, asked alot about me, my character, values, family, and my dreams! I love when I have the opportunity to share my dreams with people. It's not something that I'm open about because I'm scared. I'm scared of the unknown, of failing, of people thinking less of me, and of it not happening. This part in Melissa's post really hit home.

However, sometimes I'm not completely honest with myself. I don't voice my goals and dreams. I tend to bury big dreams way down deep, so that if I never attain them, then it's no big deal. No one will ever know that I never reached my dreams, because they never knew what those dreams were. Often, I tell myself I'm not good enough for those dreams, I'm not good enough to ever reach them. I tell myself that my dreams are for people who are better, smarter, more creative, etc. etc. etc. than me.

This post literally could not have come at more perfect timing. I'm scared about voicing my dreams. I really have been. But today, I was challenged to share some of my dreams with you. I'm being very bold here :) I have two big dreams in life. They are vastly different. I'm really not sure where they came from, but just pieced together over time I guess. Here we go....

My first dream is:
I've been applying for International Business to some different colleges. I'd love to live in a big city, and work for a big business corporation. Cute clothes, car, phone, a little penthouse overlooking the city. I would love to travel the world and visit some beautiful places in Europe, while being a successful business lady! This sounds crazy but business is what I love. It's what I'm good at and what I enjoy doing!

Dream Two:
My other options I've thrown around, using a business degree would be working with a ministry, such as Convoy of Hope, YWAM, etc and do the business work. I've always wanted to go to Thailand and work with a human trafficking ministry. In fact, there is a really cool program through YWAM Thai, called Business as a Mission (BAM). It allows you to take classes in business, marketing, planning, accounting etc all with a missions focus.
I know that these two dreams are vastly different but they are two things that I've thought about. In fact, my Thailand dream will be one that I will be blogging about in the near future, a 2012 resolution :)
Thank-you for allowing me to share tonight!

Tonight, this is what
I'm going leaving you with!


Another fav :)


Happy Friday Everybody!

Love,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being bold!! I think that just voicing your dreams is a huge step toward achieving them. You will achieve them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were as courageous as you. I am not even sure what my dreams are anymore. I have lots of dreams for my children...hopes and dreams. But I am so deep into my world of motherhood that perhaps I've lost my ability to dream for myself. I've been asking the Lord what he wants for me once Will goes to school. I believe he has plans to give me a hope and a future. Just waiting to see what that looks like.

    ReplyDelete